Into the future

 As I woke up on New Years eve I had tears streaming down my cheeks and most of all, I felt like this picture:


And as to the why, I will answer that too in a picture:


Yes, Covid-19 came knocking on our door, and although NOT invited, came in and started to spread within our family. We had planned to visit and celebrate New Year with family a few hours away, but the first rapid Covid test was positive only about an hour before we were to leave. One of the kids had got it. All plans had to be thrown away, we had no food in the house for New Years and the weekend, and the thing is, New Years eve is also my birthday AND the birthday of one of my daughters. Disappointment galore. Luckily one of us that had not caught it, could go to the store and buy some of what we needed. In the afternoon, we were told by some friends to look outside the door. Outside were three bags filled with goodies, food and flowers and even a cake, which we didn't have. Their kindness moved us and filled us with happiness and gratefulness. 

We had an ok, but calm New Years eve and as the night came, yet another of the children fell ill. The day after, the 1st of January, I too started to get sick. And this was after getting an infection before Christmas which I had to get antibiotics for. I just finished the cure the day before I got sick. No rest for the wicked... After the fever took over, the days and dates became a blur and I kinda felt that I "woke up" on the Wednesday, which turned out to be Friday. The days had just vanished, but at least I was through it. We hoped that we now were done, but then a couple of days ago, our daughter, which is to leave for the MTC the 26th of January, also got sick and it was confirmed today that she too has Covid. Now we are not sure that her tests will be negative in time for her flight... We are 9 days into the new year, but it has been a rough start. 

After the first feelings of disappointment on New Years eve, I started to think about all the things we have experienced this past year, how wonderful and blessed we have been. I thought about all the hard things many of our friends and family have had to go through and how they were such examples of strength and perseverance. I am so incredibly grateful for all the people in my life, so different, like flowers in a field compliment each other despite different forms and colors. 

I have worries about the future, but I have felt the calmness of the Holy Ghost speak peace to me and all though I have no idea how some of the challenges will be overcome, I know they will be. I love this:


We can't decide all outcomes of this year, but we can do some things to plant flowers for our future. I love setting goals for the year, and how full of hope a whole new year is. 


So let the hard things go and look forward. If the days are dark, find the light in the small moments, I always feel that that is where we find happiness in life. Not in a day, a week, a year, but the small moments that occur in between. 

I wish you a very Happy New Year and hope that you too will find happiness in the moments through the year too. Let's move onward. 


Hugs, 

Katinka



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If the Church was just lies...

Why I decided to not go on a mission - and the reason why I went.

Days like today are stupid